Best Online Blackjack Casino in Canada
Rules of Blackjack
How to play Blackjack in 5 easy steps:
Choosing an online blackjack game to get started with is a fairly simple task as there are hundreds of great blackjack games available from top Canadian online casinos. For our step by step example, we have chosen to go with a classic blackjack game from NetEnt.
The next step in the process is to decide how much you would like to start betting with. As you can see from the above image, there are a variety of chip sizes to choose from. If you are new to the game it may be best to start with the smallest chips size available. Most blackjack betting strategies also work in betting units, so it is a good idea to go with whatever the table minimum happens to be.
Once you’ve chosen your chip size, place a chip on the designated area for your bets. In this NetEnt blackjack game, a card icon appears above your bet area once you have placed your bet. You can see it in the above image and, once you click on the icon, the game will deal you your first hand of the game.
You can now begin the exciting process of playing blackjack which involves making a series of decisions based on your hand versus the dealer’s hand. You can see in the above image that your two card hand is always dealt face up, while the dealer’s hand is almost always one face up card and one face down card. You have to decide, based on your two card total and the value of the dealer’s face up card, what your next move should be. At the bottom of the screen are several options for doing just that. You can click on the + icon or ‘hit’, stand if you don’t want any more cards or double up if you feel your hand is good.
Whichever decision you happen to make based on your blackjack hand will take you to the next phase in the round as the dealer reveals his face down card. The dealer will also need to make some decisions based on his or her hand. In most blackjack games the dealer must hit on 16 and stand on 17. The above game result shows that both the player and dealer ended with the same hand value which means that you win an even money payout.
Let’s recap the betting options available to you in a basic round of blackjack:
- Hit: This means that you can request additional cards on a weak hand
- Stand: This means that you are happy with your hand and don’t request additional cards
- Split: On certain hands such as two aces or two 8’s you can split them into two separate hands, possibly doubling your chances of winning
- Double up: In most blackjack games you can double your bet on a good hand which means that you double your original bet amount and get an additional card from the dealer
Try Online Blackjack Now for Free!
Online Blackjack Strategies
Online blackjack strategies are very popular with blackjack players as many of them can help with deciding on a response based on the dealers up card. Blackjack strategies are also very useful for determining bet sizes. Visit our blackjack strategies page to see a full breakdown of all the most common betting strategies for blackjack. Here is a list of the most common advanced strategies we discuss:
- Paroli blackjack strategy
- Fibonacci blackjack strategy
- Counting Cards (Hi Low strategy)
Reasons to love online blackjack:
- Blackjack is easy to learn to play
- Blackjack offers the lowest house edge of all casino games
- You can play online blackjack at any time, there is always a table available
- You can use blackjack betting strategies to increase your advantage over the house
- You can play online blackjack with now money which is a great way to practice strategies
Some things you may not love:
- Online blackjack lacks the feel of live casino action unless you play Live Dealer
- Some players don’t trust random number generators