Signing Up/Registering an Account at Online Casinos
Before you can start playing at an online casino you first need to register with the casino to open an account by providing a few basic details. The registration process is easy and quick to complete - it will take you no more than a few minutes! All you have to do is follow the guided steps to fill out the registration form, which will ask for your contact information, email address, and other personal details.
After you have successfully completed your online casino registration, you will be provided with your account password and details. Remember, keep your password in a safe place so you can refer back to it later on if you need to. Some online casinos will select a username for you during the registration process, while others will give you a temporary username, which can be changed at your convenience.
To log into your casino account, simply enter your email address/username and password. Then, select either Practice Play or Real Money to get started playing. At some online casinos, these options may be called Play for Fun and Play for Real. If you opt for Real Money, you will be asked to make a deposit and play for real money, however, if you choose Practice Play, you will play a free version of the software.
Playing at Instant Play Casinos
‘Flash mode’ is a great option for players who want to play at an online casino - and enjoy its wide range of games - without downloading and installing the software on their computer. This type of software allows you to play through your web browser, and is perfect for those who use operating systems besides Windows. You get complete access to casino games like video poker, roulette, blackjack, online slots, baccarat and more, without having the need to download. Here is how you can access it:
- Click on ‘Play Now’
Click on the ‘Play Now’ links mentioned on TopOnlineCasino’s website to navigate to the online casino of your choice.
- Select ‘Instant Play’
Now, select the ‘Flash Casino’ or ‘Instant Play’ button or link. At some online casinos, you will see a hyperlink located at the top right corner of the page, while others provide a large, clickable button.
- Let the Casino Load Up
Upon clicking the link or button, a loading screen will let you know that the flash casino is initiating. The text and style of this screen will vary from casino-to-casino.
- Log into Your Account and Play!
Once the flash casino has loaded, click on the ‘Connect’ button in order to log into your online casino account, or create one if you have not already yet, and you are good to go!
Downloading the Online Casino Software
To start playing at an online casino, you will have to download and install the software to bring the full range of games to your desktop. It is a simple and straightforward process, and regardless of your technical expertise, you can easily get your online casino up and running in no time. Here is a step-by-step guide to explain how:
- Find an Online Casino
Use TopOnlineCasinos to find an online casino site that offers the types of games you are interested to play, and bonuses that work for you. Once you find an online casino that you like, click on the ‘Play Now’ button.
- Initiate the Download
Upon clicking on the link, you are directly taken to the download page of the online casino where you can initiate the download. In addition, you will qualify to get a bonus negotiated by us when you use the links provided on TopOnlineCasinos.
- Give Permission to ‘Run’ the Installer
A standard ‘File Download - Security Warning’ popup appears requesting your permission to run the installer. The online casinos recommended on our website are reputable and safe, so go ahead and click on the ‘Run’ button.
- Wait for the Download to Complete
Depending on the speed of your internet connection, the online casino software will take anywhere between seconds to minutes to download. The popup will indicate the exact amount of time left as the casino software downloads.
- Install the Casino Software
Once the download has completed, there is a popup asking whether you want to run the software or not. At TopOnlineCasinos, we make sure our recommended online casinos are safe, so again click on the ‘Run’ button.
- Launch the Software and Enjoy!
After installation, your online casino software will launch. Some casinos will ask you to log in, while others take you directly to the registration page. You can then enjoy playing your favourite casino games to win big money!
Moving to the all-important question: which type of software should you choose for online casino gaming? Both downloadable and Flash-based casino software have their own pros and cons to offer, and should be compared against your needs before making a final decision (refer to our detailed article on flash vs. downloadable casinos for more information).
Online Gambling Security
When you play at an online casino, whether it be with new casinos or at an established one, you place real money bets and put financial and personal information into the hands of the casino. Therefore, you need to make sure that the information you provide to the online casino will remain safe and secure. Although a majority of the online casinos place importance on security, and have stringent measures in place to keep you protected, it is your job to ascertain that the casino has gone to those lengths (refer to our article on online casino security for more information).
Depositing Funds into Your Online Casino Account
If you are looking to deposit money into your online casino account, there are a variety of options you can choose from. Here is a quick look at the different payment methods that may be available to you at your preferred online casino:
- Bank Transfers – This method will allow you to directly transfer funds from your bank account to an online casino. However, since a transaction will take several days to complete, a bank wire transfer is only recommended if you are unable to deposit with a credit card. There are faster methods than bank transfers that operate similarly like eCheck that offer instant deposit times.
- Credit/Debit Cards – Money can be immediately be transferred into your online casino account using a debit or credit card. MasterCard and Visa are two of the most commonly accepted cards at most online casinos.
- Prepaid Options – If you are not willing to share your credit card details online, you can buy a prepaid voucher or card to transfer money into your online casino account. Paysafecard is a particularly popular prepaid option.
- E-Wallets – Once you have opened an account with popular e-wallets like PayPal, Instadebit, ecoPayz or NETeller, you can use your bank or credit card to fund your account and this can then be used to make both withdrawals and deposits at online casino sites. (For more information about the different payment methods available to you, refer to our detailed article on payment methods).
Finding Casino Games to Play
To find casino games to play, you must head to the casino lobby of your preferred online casino, where you will find games divided into four different categories:
- Video Poker – In this category, you will (obviously) find video poker machines, which can be played in either single or multi-handed versions. Online casinos offer players a variety of video poker games to choose from, including popular ones like Deuces Wild and Jacks or Better.
- Table Games – This category covers all of the games that involve tables, including baccarat, blackjack, roulette and craps. You may also come across games and variants like Three Card Poker and Pontoon.
- Slots – This would be the online casino’s collection of online slot machines, simply known as slots in other parts of the world. You can further specify the type of slots you are looking for by choosing between progressive jackpot or three and five-reel games.
- Specialty Games – The specialty category covers just about every other game that does not fit into the aforementioned categories, including scratch cards and keno. This may also include virtual horse-racing and bingo-based games.
- Live Dealer Games- The latest trend in online casinos is to offer live dealer table games. This is where you can enjoy the thrilling experience of being in a land based casino from the comfort of your own home. You are placed at a table with a real person dealing the cards in a casino with whom you can chat.
Online Support Options
Another important factor when it comes to choosing an online casino is customer support, which can be available in many different forms. This could be either through telephone, live chat or even emails (refer to our detailed section on online casino support in the casino reviews for more information).