Things to Look for When Playing Slots Online
When it comes to online casinos, players have a huge offering of slot machines to choose from. Hence, it can prove a somewhat daunting task to find a suitable one, especially for those people who are new to online slots. There are two main criteria that you need to keep in mind in order to find a good slot machine online:
Online slots today have a huge catalog of themes in an effort to create a bond with the inclinations and interests of a player. For this reason, many players generally wager on online slots that have themes they are interested in, and prefer avoiding those with themes they are unable to empathize with. For instance, when the FIFA World Cup started in 2014, many new online slot games were launched to capitalize on the event.
Some had backgrounds related to football, while others offered bonus games where players could choose the jersey of their favorite team. This, as a result, brought many football enthusiasts, but those who were uninterested did not care much about these features. Fortunately, you will come across many themes out there. All you have to do is find something that suits your liking and you have a chance to turn the tides in your favor!
Another key factor you need to consider is the payouts. Certain online slots are more volatile with their payouts, whereas others are less volatile. The more volatile slots offer larger payouts, but do so less frequently, making them suitable for players who have a big bankroll to spend and aren’t after the small wins. The less volatile slots, on the other hand, pay out more frequently, but the sums will not be as large.
This type of slot is particularly suitable for players who want their bankrolls to still be intact after a session of play. The main question, though, is how can you differentiate between the two? The more volatile slots will have few symbols with big payouts while other symbols in the payout table will only give small payouts. When it comes to less volatile slots, their payouts are often grouped around a central value, thereby increasing your odds of winning.
5 Playing Tips to Remember
As online slots are available in different types, with each offering different payout percentages, it can prove somewhat difficult to win. However, by following the right tips and strategies, you can considerably increase your odds of winning. So, what should you keep in mind? Here are some things to remember:
1. Alter your Bets Often
Online slots sometimes pay out lots of smaller amounts or few larger amounts. They calculate your payout based on your bets. So, alter your bet often to see what kind of amounts the online slot machine wants to pay out, or not at all.
2. Look at the Number of Paylines
The number of paylines refers to how the symbols are going to line up. If you decide to choose an online slot with a straight payline, you would need a series of matching symbols to land a win. However, some online slots allow you to place bets on each payline, thereby increasing your chances of winning.
3. Set Limits
It is important to set limits and bank your winnings. After all, it is easy to be carried away while playing slots and you could end up losing more money than you intended. Therefore, establish a budget and stick to it, do not be tempted to break your schedule or budget if you are losing money quickly.
4. Payout Percentages in Slot Machines
Your chances of winning at slots are not dependent upon on how lucky you are, but rather on the pre-programmed software used. Most slot machines, whether online or physical, are typically programmed to payout 82% to 98% of the money wagered by the player.
5. Play Free Slots for Fun and Practice
If you are new to online slots and do not quite know where and how to get started, then you should definitely considering playing free slots. These types of slots are ideal for those who want to practice before getting into a real game, and there is no money or registration involved. These demos are exactly what you need if you are planning to play slot machines online. Some casinos offer no deposit free spins bonuses which require registration, and give you the chance of cashing out if you are able to meat the play through requirement.
Progressive Slots and Famous Jackpot Wins
If you play on online casinos regularly, you probably are already aware of progressive slots. These slots are what every player’s dreams are made of as they offer jackpots that could change your life in a matter of seconds. So, if you are looking for life-changing jackpots, then progressive slots is what you should be playing!
Since there are so many progressive jackpot winners, mentioning all of them would require several pages. However, some of the biggest and most famous jackpot wins include a man from Stockholm who bagged a US$4.6 million jackpot on Mega Moolah. A resident from Oxfordshire, who scooped US$6.4 million on the Dark Knight Rises, became the biggest progressive jackpot winner in the UK.
Another huge progressive slot jackpot win came back in 2011, with a life-changing US$12.9 million payout. However, the biggest win of them all was a staggering US$19.6 million by a Finnish player who wagered a mere 25 cents on a spin in 2013, and triggered the bonus that played through the entire three rounds.
The Best Software Providers and Their Slot Styles
Have you ever wondered where do slots come from? Well, they don’t just magically appear on online casinos, and are the work of development teams specialized in creating games for casinos, whether on the internet or in the physical world. Below we have mentioned some of the best software providers to lookout for when you play slots online, and have discussed what is different about their slot styles:
- Play ‘N Go - They make great slots - it is as simple as that! Play ‘N Go has been consistently been delivering high quality slots for several years now, and continues to do so as time goes by. They are a complete package of wonderful music, interesting ideas and great visuals, making Play ‘N go one of the best software providers out there. Some of their best slots include Rage to Riches, Wild North and Happy Halloween, among several others.
- Microgaming - Once the most dominant forces in online gaming, Microgaming is still an industry leader that offers hundreds of slots to its players. They produce new titles every month and hold the distinction of being the first software provider to accept real cash wagers over the World Wide Web. Microgaming has a reputation of developing top quality slot games, such as Major Millions, Mega Moolah and Lotsaloot to name a few.
- Playtech - Playtech has been creating gambling software and slot games for years now. Hence, it does not come as a surprise that they have a huge variety of games in their ever-growing arsenal. Playtech is renowned for developing slots in a wide array of formats that suits the mixed interests of slot-machine users. Their only downside is that they do not release titles with the same frequency as their competitors. Rome & Glory, Great Blue and their famous Marvel Slot series are some of their most popular slots.
- NetEnt - NetEnt has developed a mix of licensed and original titles that have proven extremely popular in the online casino world. They are releasing more mobile platform slots besides their already extensive collection of browser-based slots, and offer a wide range progressive jackpot, bonus, classic and video slots to their players. Some of their best online slots include Gonzo’s Quest, Aliens, Scarface, South Park, and more. Unfortunately, as of March 2016 Netent no longer accepts players from Canada.
Therefore, if you are looking to have some fun and win good payouts, then you should consider giving online slots a try. Who knows, you may end up winning a life-changing jackpot on a progressive slot! Don’t quite know which casinos to play online slots at? Head over to the table above to find out the best casinos for playing online slots.