Payment Methods Rated
Credit & Debit Cards
Credit cards are one of the most popular ways to bank online, and using them is quite simple and hassle-free. All you have to do is enter your card information and your online casino account will securely be credited just like any other online purchase. However, if you don’t have a credit card, you can use prepaid debit cards to deposit and withdraw funds to and from your online casino account.
Debit cards are one of the most common payment methods, and widely accepted at many online casinos. They are secure and speedy, and also come with additional benefits like bonuses to give your bankroll a much needed boost. While there are a number of credit and debit cards that you can use, the following are among the best options available to you:
- VISA – VISA is a great option for Canadian players as it accepted by almost any online casino and allows you to deposit and withdraw funds with ease. Some also offer special bonuses for using VISA to fund your online casino account.
- Mastercard – MasterCard is also accepted at the majority of online casinos you will come across on the web. It’s a fine option for making deposits, however, doesn’t allow withdrawals to be made from online casinos.
- Prepaid cards - You can purchase prepaid credit cards such as Paysafecard in gas stations and stores, and use them to deposit money to your online casino account. This method is only valid for deposits since you cannot withdraw money back to the prepaid card.
Through the use of e-wallets, players can deposit and withdraw their funds without providing the online casino with their bank or credit card information. Money can easily be transferred into your e-wallet using wire transfers, bank accounts or credit cards. Most players feel e-wallets are a more secure option as they get to keep sensitive bank information and card numbers private. Some popular e-wallets include:
- Instadebit – Specifically designed for Canadian use, Instadebit is a secure and seamless online casino payment option. Unlike other e-wallets, there are no fees involved in depositing and withdrawing money with Instadebit, making it one of the most preferred payment options for Canadian players.
- PayPal – A globally renowned e-wallet, PayPal is highly trusted by Canadian players and accepted as a payment option in many online casinos. PayPal takes steps to make payment processing safe and secure, which is why it’s also a popular option outside the online casino industry.
- eCheck - Casino deposits with eCheck online wallet is one of the safest forms for online deposits for Canadian players, as they are easy-to-track and maintain just like normal paper checks.
Bank Wire Transfer
A bank wire transfer is another great option and is accepted at many online casinos. Although it does involve a little more leg work on your part, players have to provide minimal account information to transfer money into their online casino account. Wire transfers, though, usually take anywhere between 2-5 business days, and often have fees associated with them. So, if you are considering a bank wire transfer, you should contact the bank to acquire more information first.
Withdrawing Your Winnings from a Casino
Withdrawing your money offline is a simple process. However, the steps and time of withdrawal may vary depending on the casino you play at, and the payment method you use. Most online casinos prefer returning your money via the same method, and hence you may be required to provide your e-wallet, credit card or bank information.
Regardless of what payment method you use, withdrawals take a standard 24-hour waiting time at all online casinos. If it takes longer than that, you may have to wait an additional day or two, sometimes even a week! For this reason, it’s important for players to go through the online casino’s baking page to learn about its processing and waiting times.
Security is a major concern not only for you, but also online casinos! Therefore, to avoid any chance of fraudulent activities, you may be required by the online casino to provide some documentation to verify that you are the same person operating the account. Once done, your payments are finally released and ready for withdrawal.
As you can see, Canadian players have a wide variety of online casino payment methods at their disposal, with each having their own set of pros and cons to offer. Whether using VISA or Instadebit, by having a proper understanding of each of the aforementioned methods, you can finally determine which banking option would prove a secure, safe and easy means to transfer your funds.