Your Top Priorities
Is it legal for Canadians to play online?
For an online Casino to be legal for Canadians to place bets at, the current legislative regulation states that they have to be based outside of Canada. For land-based casinos there is legal provincial control within the Canadian borders. Most Canadian-friendly online casinos are based in Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, and Cyprus, where online gambling regulations are more relaxed. In fact, many of the bigger online casinos have staff in several locations across the globe.
What makes an online casino Canadian-friendly?
For Canadian gamblers, where the casino is located has no impact on whether they are friendly to Canucks. Being global companies, the casinos often focus on specific markets and, even though they are good casinos, may not be the best place for Canadians to deposit their money. The problems start for Canadian players when they fail to follow this simple checklist. Make sure you can tick all the boxes here before you dive in online:
- Does the site provide full information in English and French throughout their site and for all their games?
- Does the site provide 24/7 customer support in French and English (make sure they are open in your time zone!)
- Does the site accept Canadian dollars?
- Does the site use payment systems that provide an incentive to Canadian depositors?
How can I trust an online casino?
To make sure you are safe online take the time to educate yourself about online safety. Cyber criminals are out there and they are trying really hard to dig into your personal data and it isn’t just to check out your Facebook profile. Once cyber thieves have your personal data they can steal from your bank accounts, make purchases in your name online. This is one small part of cyber-identity theft and it’s a global issue. Follow this trusted advice to avoid being scammed by casinos.
Trusting an online casino you deposited at requires you to answer the following questions:
- Can the casino secure your personal data? Online Casinos use encrypted technology to ensure your personal data and banking details are completely secure. Look out for the https and ssl (security socket layer) as a starting point for signs of a secure website.
- Have the casinos been independently tested and approved? To be at the top of your game, you need to understand a small amount about how online casinos actually work. Online casinos use a RNG (random number generator) to produce random results every time you click or swipe to start your game.
- Can the RNG be rigged? Yes, the random number generator can be by the casino itself or by players if they have prior and highly knowledge about the algorithm used and the starting numbers in the RNG. However, it’s really hard to do this. We make sure that all our recommended casinos are independently audited by eCOGRA, IGL or TST. Players can access information on the fairness of each site’s RNGs and feel secure that games are tested and the casino has a good reputation for making payouts.
- Have we recommended them? Well, nothing is guaranteed but you can do your due diligence to make sure that you and your money is protected. Be assured that when you play at any of our recommended casinos that they are not only certified in the locations that they operate within but that their payment methods are also safeguarded. Our choices use an extremely high level of cyber technology to ensure your banking transactions and information is 100% safe from hackers and other online criminals.
What you need to know before you deposit
You could just plunge right in but for the more cautious out there you will want to: check off the essentials, try before you buy and be aware of the better deals before you scratch, spin or roll. We have five top tips for you to make sure your next shot at a casino jackpot is thoroughly enjoyable.
- Make a decision! - Are you looking to just play slots? Roulette? Instant win games? A bit of everything? When you start your hunt for the perfect online casino it’s better that you make this decision first. Not only because you can look at the variety of games offered at your potential gaming sites, but there may be welcome bonuses that suit your preferred game choices better (for more info on welcome bonuses look below.)
- Check out that they are licensed! - They must have a gaming license to operate in the jurisdiction where they are registered.
- Security - Make sure that the website has either a https url (the “s” at the end is for security) or states that they are using a security socket layer. Do this before you put any details on line, make sure this is the case. Additionally, if the Customer service is asking for your details via email – do not send them the front and back of your credit card without blacking out some of the details, the emails cannot be secured, regardless of what the customer service is claiming.
- Welcome offers - choose a welcome offer that not only suits your playing style but has decent wagering requirements. If the casino offers a no-deposit bonus, even better. Take that and try before you buy.
- Read reviews - if you do choose one of the casinos that we recommend, read the review and make sure it’s a good fit for you.
Where to go to get the fastest payouts?
All our recommended online casinos have quicker payouts than the majority of the casinos available online. This is because they have a huge selection of trustworthy deposit and withdrawal methods and they know the importance of keeping their clientele happy.
How to take advantage of Welcome Bonuses
OK, if you know what a Welcome Bonus is, you have probably played at a casino before, but for those of you who are new to the lingo, Welcome Bonuses are a complimentary gift from the house to new players.
To qualify as a new player, you usually have to make a minimum first deposit, this in turn will give you a bonus on that deposit usually worked out as a percentage on top.
You have deposited $20 and you gain a welcome bonus of 50% which means your player account would read $30. This is the most basic welcome bonus, and when you take that bonus (usually with a bonus code you tap in when you make a deposit) you will have to “play-through” your money several times (usually from 20-40 times) before you can withdraw any winnings.
Welcome bonuses come in all shapes and sizes and the one described above is really the most obvious. There are plenty of variations of welcome bonuses, such as a percentage bonus plus a number of free spins on selected slots 50% & 20 free spins or a staggered welcome bonus where you receive several bonuses over several deposits.
To get the most out of your welcome bonus, we recommend taking staggered welcome bonuses, this way you get to have a huge surplus of games spread out over several deposits – watch out for the wagering conditions and make sure that you will be able to cash out
Tips and game guides for individual games
Top online is here to fill your head with plenty of tips and tricks about casino games. From blackjack to craps, it’s always good to take a little advice from expert players who can teach you everything you need to know about the game itself and get you in the right frame of mind to take on the house and go for a big win.
There are great slots games available at every casino and we want to focus in on a select number of games with great reputations for massive jackpots. With winning graphics and audio to get you in the mood to play, these top slots will put you in a playful mood. Check out our slots reviews to get all the info and play some games for free!
Where to Find the Best Online Casino
We went through the same situation some time back. A simple Google search led to a huge list of online casinos, each of which claimed it was the best. No wonder I was surprised and perplexed and at a loss when it came to deciding which casino I want to play it. That's when we decided to make your life much easier when selecting an internet casino. At Top Online Casinos, we follow a systemic approach to reviewing casinos, which sets us apart. We even have a comprehensive process through which we pick the online casinos and online slots games we want to review. Let’s look at their process in some detail.
How We Bring You Only the Best Casino Sites
Our process starts by conducting extensive research about the all the online casinos that accept Canadian players and $CAD currency. This involves going into a massive dive into the internet world, and creating a map of all the reputable and legal online casinos out there. Then, we go into great detail about the casino and the all the associated information. From the welcome bonus to the range of games available, information is obtained about each and every minute detail to ensure readers get all the data needed when deciding which best online casino to play at in Canada. Since we work in partnerships with our recommended casinos, we are able to see whether or not players are signing up, depositing money and playing. With the help of this data, we can determine if an online casino is being generous to its players or not.
Selecting Top Online Casinos
We research a number of casinos from across Canada but not every casino makes it to the list. This is because our focus is on ensuring that our readers have the best experience if they choose to play casino games online. Scan through all our recommended choices to find the better places to play.