Your Top Priorities
What makes an online casino Canadian friendly?
For Canadian gamblers, where the casino is located has no impact on whether they are friendly to Canucks. Being global companies, the casinos often focus on specific markets and, even though they are good casinos, may not be the best place for Canadians to deposit their money. The problems start for Canadian players when they fail to follow this simple checklist. Make sure you can tick all the boxes here before you dive in online:
- Does the site provide full information in English and French throughout their site and for all their games?
- Does the site provide 24/7 customer support in French and English (make sure they are open in your time zone!)
- Does the site accept Canadian dollars?
- Does the site use payment systems that provide an incentive to Canadian depositors like using Interac Online?
Top Canadian Payment Methods using CAD
What you need to know before you deposit
You could just plunge right in but for the more cautious out there you will want to: check off the essentials, try before you buy and be aware of the better deals before you scratch, spin or roll. We have five top tips for you to make sure your next shot at a casino jackpot is thoroughly enjoyable.
- Make a decision! - Are you looking to just play slots? Roulette? Instant win games? A bit of everything? When you start your hunt for the perfect online casino it’s better that you make this decision first. Not only because you can look at the variety of games offered at your potential gaming sites, but there may be welcome bonuses that suit your preferred game choices better (for more info on welcome bonuses look below.)
- Check out that they are licensed! - They must have a gaming license to operate in the jurisdiction where they are registered.
- Security - Make sure that the website has either a https url (the “s” at the end is for security) or states that they are using a security socket layer. Do this before you put any details on line, make sure this is the case. Additionally, if the Customer service is asking for your details via email – do not send them the front and back of your credit card without blacking out some of the details, the emails cannot be secured, regardless of what the customer service is claiming.
- Welcome offers - choose a welcome offer that not only suits your playing style but has decent wagering requirements. If the casino offers a no-deposit bonus, even better. Take that and try before you buy.
- Read reviews - if you do choose one of the casinos that we recommend, read the online casino reviews and make sure it’s a good fit for you.
- Know How to Deposit - Make sure the online casino takes your banking method of choice. We go to great lengths to verify which payment methods are accepted. We will try and give you the most accurate information, like that there are no Canadian brands that accept PayPal.
Top slots, free slot games and progressive jackpots
There are great slots games available at every casino and we want to focus in on a select number of games with great reputations for massive jackpots like our Mega Moolah review for Canada. With winning graphics and audio to get you in the mood to play, these top slots will put you in a playful mood. Check out our slots reviews to get all the info and play some games for free!
Tips and game guides for individual games
Top Online is here to fill your head with plenty of tips and tricks about casino games. From online blackjack to online craps, it’s always good to take a little advice from expert players who can teach you everything you need to know about the game itself and get you in the right frame of mind to take on the house and go for a big win.
Live dealer casinos
What could be better than getting the real casino experience from the comfort of your own home? Experience playing with live dealers and with other players from around the world. Chat with the dealers and get live excitement at the best live dealer casinos on the net.
Is it legal for Canadians to play online?
For an online Casino to be legal for Canadians to place bets at, the current legislative regulation states that they have to be based outside of Canada. For land-based casinos there is legal provincial control within the Canadian borders. Most online casinos available in Canada are based in Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, and Cyprus, where online gambling regulations are more relaxed. In fact, many of the bigger casinos have staff in several locations across the globe.
How can I trust an online casino?
To make sure you are safe online take the time to educate yourself about online safety. Cyber criminals are out there and they are trying really hard to dig into your personal data and it isn’t just to check out your Facebook profile. Once cyber thieves have your personal data they can steal from your bank accounts, make purchases in your name online. This is one small part of cyber-identity theft and it’s a global issue. Follow this trusted advice to avoid being scammed by casinos.
Trusting an online casino you deposited at requires you to answer the following questions:
- Can the casino secure your personal data? Online Casinos use encrypted technology to ensure your personal data and banking details are completely secure. Look out for the https and ssl (security socket layer) as a starting point for signs of a secure website.
- Have the casinos been independently tested and approved? To be at the top of your game, you need to understand a small amount about how online casinos actually work. They use a RNG (random number generator) to produce random results every time you click or swipe to start your game.
- Can the RNG be rigged? Yes, the random number generator can be by the casino itself or by players if they have prior and highly knowledge about the algorithm used and the starting numbers in the RNG. However, it’s really hard to do this. We make sure that all our recommended casinos are independently audited by eCOGRA, IGL or TST. Players can access information on the fairness of each site’s RNGs and feel secure that games are tested and the casino has a good reputation for making payouts.
- Have we recommended them? Well, nothing is guaranteed but you can do your due diligence to make sure that you and your money is protected. Be assured that when you play at any of our recommended casinos that they are not only certified in the locations that they operate within but that their payment methods are also safeguarded. Our choices use an extremely high level of cyber technology to ensure your banking transactions and information is 100% safe from hackers and other online criminals.
Where to go to get the fastest payouts?
All our recommended casinos have quicker payouts than the majority of the casinos available online. This is because they have a huge selection of trustworthy deposit and withdrawal methods and they know the importance of keeping their clientele happy.
How to take advantage of Welcome Bonuses
OK, if you know what a Welcome Bonus is, you have probably played at a casino before, but for those of you who are new to the lingo, Welcome Bonuses are a complimentary gift from the house to new players.
To qualify as a new player, you usually have to make a minimum first deposit, this in turn will give you a bonus on that deposit usually worked out as a percentage on top.
You have deposited $20 and you gain a welcome bonus of 100% which means your player account would read $40. This is the most basic welcome bonus, and when you take that bonus (sometimes with a bonus code you tap in when you make a deposit) you will have to “play-through” your money several times (usually from 30-50 times) before you can withdraw any winnings. This is called the wagering requirements.
Welcome bonuses come in all shapes and sizes and the one described above is really the most obvious. There are plenty of variations of welcome bonuses, such as a percentage bonus plus a number of free spins on selected slots 50% & 20 free spins or a staggered welcome bonus where you receive several bonuses over several deposits.
To get the most out of your welcome bonus, we recommend taking staggered welcome bonuses, this way you get to have a huge surplus of games spread out over several deposits – watch out for the wagering conditions and make sure that you will be able to cash out
The Greater Vancouver Area will be getting a new casino in 2020 thanks to an approval by BCLC to allow the City of Delta to build a new establishment. The proposed casino will have around 500 slot machines, 24 table games and a half a dozen electronic table games...
Once again, the top developers in the casino industry present a large variety of new and exciting slots for us to try at the best casinos. As per usual, each of these games has a range of unique bonus features that not only reward incredibly well, but also entertaining with outstanding graphics and animations....
It is not like the BC casino industry needed another controversy. The king, of well pretty much everything at the moment, Drake, has accused Parq Vancouver of turning him away from the establishment due to racial profiling....
This is a big one for Casino Rama. Mariah Carey has announced that she will be stopping by Orillia, ON on March 21, 2019. As part of her Caution World Tour, Carey will be lighting up the Great Indoors entertainment facility at Casino Rama Live. ...
Ontario’s newest casino opened its doors on Oct 15 just over one year from the official groundbreaking ceremony. The $49 million project employs 300 people, 180 more than the previous gambling facility, Kawartha Downs...
It it legal to play at an online casino in Canada?
Yes it is legal to gamble at an online casino as long as the casino has no physical presence in Canada.
Why are some slot games not available to Canadians?
Some software providers have ties with provincial casinos and thus have physical presence in the country. Due to this association, their casino games would possibly be illegal and are not provided to Canadians. On every one of our Software provider reviews we tell you straight up if their games are available in Canada.
Why do I need information from a Canadian specific resource?
Most reputable online casinos only operate in a limited set of geographies and cater specifically to those markets. Facets of the casinos that are country specific include payment methods, currencies, casino games offered, customer support information, welcome bonuses, free spins offers and whether or not you can even register. All of these will be different depending on where in the world you are located and thus the experience can differ dramatically. We also strive to give the most accurate information possible including all the deposit methods available to a real Canadian signing up to deposit in CAD. A casino review resource that tries to be everything to everyone loses this focus and accuracy and as Canadians we hope that we deliver information that is most pertinent to you.
How do I register to an online casino?
The registration process usually involves three easy steps:
- Enter your email address, pick a user name and password.
- Enter you contact information, address, phone number and choose your currency (CAD).
- Generally you will need to confirm your signup via an email confirmation or, rarely, a text message code.
Can I play at an online casino with Canadian Dollars?
You can absolutely play at an online casino in CAD. In fact, we require it from all the casinos we review. Losing 3% or more to currency conversion fees is not cool.
How do I know if a casino is safe and not a scam?
There is some due diligence you need to do before trusting anything online, let alone a casino. We go to great lengths to ensure the casinos we recommend are legit. We have absolutely nothing to gain and your trust to lose if we ever recommend an unethical casino. Things we check for include verifying licensing, talking with customer support and checking out reviews from first party sources that have experience with the casino. We also sign up to each casino and go through the deposit process to ensure it is secure and accurate.
How do I deposit in an online casino?
To deposit at an online casino you will need to head to their Deposit or Cashier screen. The button will usually be located in the top right of your screen. Choose you deposit method and follow the easy to follow instructions. The key will be to choose a casino that has a payment method that you have access to. Check our reviews to see which payment methods are available at each casino and our banking pages to see which method is right for you.
How do I withdraw winnings from an online casino?
Withdrawing winnings from a casino involves two steps. First you need to ensure that you have given your identity documents to the casino which is usually a drivers licence and a recent bill. This only needs to be done once. Second you go to the Cashier or Banking section and choose the amount you want to withdraw and the payment method you want to use. We recommend that you provide the documentation immediately after you open the account so you have no problems when it comes time to collect your winnings.
Should I be concerned with bonus terms and conditions?
Yes, you should absolutely be aware of the terms and conditions of both the casino in general and the bonuses in particular. We go over the T&Cs of all the casinos we review to ensure there are no unfair or predatory terms. If we find any, we will not recommend that casino. We will also highlight any terms that deviate from the normal T&Cs and always highlight the wagering requirements for any Welcome Bonuses.
What are wagering requirements?
Wagering requirements, sometimes called playthrough, is the amount of times you need to place a bet on a given amount of bonus in order to release any winnings so that you can cash them out. The amount is given as a factor (x) of the bonus amount or the bonus plus deposit (b+d) amount. A common high value bonus wagering requirement would be 50x. This means you would need to bet 50 times the bonus amount given. For example, if you were given a $100 free cash bonus at 50x wagering, you would need to place bets of at least $5000 in order to release your winnings. This sounds big but really it is not. If you are betting $5 per spin then you would have to press spin on a slot game 1000 times to achieve the requirement. Over that time you will lose or win a given amount but realize that the $100 is free so the casino needs to make sure you do not just signup and run away with free cash without playing.
Where to Find the Best Online Casinos
We went through the same situation some time back. A simple Google search led to a huge list of casinos, each of which claimed it was the best. No wonder I was surprised and perplexed and at a loss when it came to deciding which casino I want to play it. That's when we decided to make your life much easier when selecting an internet casino. At TopOnlineCasinos, we follow a systemic approach to reviewing casinos, which sets us apart. We even have a comprehensive process through which we pick the online casinos and online slots games we want to review. Let’s look at their process in some detail.
Our process starts by conducting extensive research about the all the casinos that accept Canadian players and CAD banking. This involves going into a massive dive into the internet world, and creating a map of all the reputable and legal casinos out there. Then, we go into great detail about the casino and the all the associated information. From the welcome bonus to the range of games available, information is obtained about each and every minute detail to ensure readers get all the data needed when deciding which best online casino to play at in Canada. Since we work in partnerships with our recommended casinos, we are able to see whether or not players are signing up, depositing money and playing. With the help of this data, we can determine if an online casino is being generous to its players or not.
We research a number of casinos from across Canada but not every casino makes it to the list. This is because our focus is on ensuring that our readers have the best experience if they choose to play casino games online. Scan through all our recommended choices to find the better places to play.